7 must-dos for a happy home-shifting experience
Jul 25 2017
Hire the best moving company before you shift
Looking for local moving companies?
Hunting for the top moving companies which could move you anywhere in India?
Searching for a international moving company?
Find the best moving company, only on Glovve.com.
Glovve offers you a complete suite of house shifting services. Choose trusted, verified service providers for Car Transportation, Home Search, Packers and Movers, Storage Solutions, Furniture Rentals, Home Settling-in Services, Office Moves and more.
Some move in search of better life. Some move in search of better job opportunities. Some move to stay close to their family and loved ones.
Irrespective of the reason, moving is a hassle and considered one of the most anxiety-inducing task one would ever go through. If you think it's easy peasy and you'll just handle the move as you go, you're in for a bumpy ride.
Moving needs a lot of planning, pre-planning, post-planning and some more of that. The best way to go about it is to make a checklist of things and stick to it. We’ve simplified this task for you.
For you to have a smooth move, you should start preparing for the move about 8 weeks in advance from the moving date.
Follow these 7 moving tips to get it right.
1. Look for a relocation agency
The first thing you need to do is look for a moving company. There are a lot of professionals out there, so this can be a daunting task. But if you get this right, you’re move is sure to be a hassle-free process. Once you’ve shortlisted the moving companies, ask them for a moving quote. They should ideally request to visit your house for this. Once you have it, compare the quotes with others. This helps you pick the best moving company for your move.
2. Make a list of things you want to take with you
Maybe your new place isn’t as huge as the current one. Or maybe, some of your furniture is too old to be moved to the new house. Or maybe, you’ve simply outgrown some of your belongings and do not wish to take it with you. What do you do with these?
Bills are important, whether you like it or not, and hence you have to safeguard them. Bills you've been given from your moving company have to be kept safe till after the move, in case you run into any problems. Bills from your internet and other service providers have to be forwarded to your new address. Know what the important documents are.
As far as records are concerned, keep all of them (the whole family's records, like passport, school records, tax records etc.) in a folder and keep it safely with your personal belongings. This helps you ensure it won’t be misplaced during the move.
4. Enquire with your moving company about pet relocation
Your pets are a top priority at any point in your life, and the move isn't an exception. Depending on how and where you’re moving, your relocation agency would be able to guide you on this. Moving along with your pets can be a bit of trouble, but only if you're unprepared. Preparation, however, can reduce this hassle and make it easy for you and the pet and everyone involved.
5. Clean up your refrigerator and bathroom shelves
If your refrigerator is stocked up with lots of fresh foods, a week before the move is when you should start getting rid of it. Consume it or give it away to someone.
Also, clean up your bathroom selves. Especially check for any flammables. Used deodorant cans or cosmetics that are likely to catch fire must be thrown away.
6. Colour-code your personal luggage
While the movers will take full responsibility of packing and un-packing most of your stuff, packing your personal belongings is your responsibility. Make sure you colour code the boxes or write down what’s inside. This way, unpacking won’t be a mess.
7. Run a final check of the house before you leave
This’ll help you make sure you haven’t left anything behind. Also, make sure you lock the doors on your way out and hand over the keys to the next owner or the landlord. If you’re still keeping the house, make sure you keep the keys safely somewhere.
Moving can be a taxing experience. But if done right, it can be a really memorable one for everyone involved. Hiring professionals is always the best thing to do, since they know exactly what they’re doing and throughout the move, you’ll have someone to turn to if you face any trouble. At Glovve they design #SmartHomeMoving experiences by giving you the option to choose from the best in the industry.
Glovve offers complete house shifting services to ensure zero tension when moving
These cover all the stages of moving house and delivers you peace of mind.
- Begin your house shift with finding a new house on rent or for sale in your new locality, or city. Put an entire team of trusted realtors to find it for you, quickly and efficiently.
- Plan to rent furniture, appliances, or vehicles in your new city. Discover why renting is smarter than buying.
- Get trusted Packers & Movers to move you to 260 destinations in India. Glovve helps you with packing and moving services for local city house shifting, intercity home shifting, and international home moving. Get instant quotes free of charge, read reviews of movers and packers, and make informed home shifting decisions that give you peace of mind.
- Benefit from Glovve’s car transportation service to shift your car, bike, or SUV safely. Experienced movers stand by.
- Think of storing household items that you do not use often, but are too precious to dispose of, in our state-of-the-art storage facilities. Improve your living space and reduce the clutter.
- Take advantage of our new home settling-in services to ease into your new house. Find maids, plumbers, electricians and more without hassles.
- And finally, if you wish to move your business, or office, explore Glovve’s Office Shifting services.
How to hire a professional moving company
Where do you wish to move your home?
6 steps to choose the best moving service
1. Fill in the details of your home move
2. Get instant estimates from verified packers and movers from your city
3. Compare mover prices. Check packers and movers' profiles, reviews, and ratings.
4. Choose the packers and movers who best fits your budget and expectations
5. Book and track your move online
6. Gain from Glovve guarantees against moving delays and damage to your items.
Save grief with trusted local moving service
1. Why would you move with unknown, unverified moving company?
2. Why would you risk damage, or loss to your precious household items?
3. Why should you put up with delays from a moving company?
4. Why would you choose half a moving service when you can get the complete moving services at Glovve?
Read our FAQs on moving to understand the benefits of moving with Glovve's Packers and Movers.
More tips to choose an expert moving company
Did you find quality moving services?
Haven't found the best moving company yet? Hire them at Glovve.com.
Did you find this guide useful for your move?
Would you like us to add anything to this?
Do share your thoughts with us in the comments section below.