6 simple tips for feeling at home in your new city
Feb 05 2018
Hire the best moving company before you shift
Looking for local moving companies?
Hunting for the top moving companies which could move you anywhere in India?
Searching for a international moving company?
Find the best moving company, only on Glovve.com.
Glovve offers you a complete suite of house shifting services. Choose trusted, verified service providers for Car Transportation, Home Search, Packers and Movers, Storage Solutions, Furniture Rentals, Home Settling-in Services, Office Moves and more.
Moving tips make your move to a new city more exciting.
You’ve probably moved for a new job. A better lifestyle. Bigger opportunities. Or simply to start over.
Whatever the reason, moving to a new city is like a new phase of your life. Once you’ve unpacked and settled in comfortable, you need to make friends easily and get to know the place better.
How do you stop feeling homesick in a place where you barely know anyone? How can you make the city you’ve just moved to, feel like home?
Glovve recommends reading moving tips, finding the right moving company, and selecting the right moving service.
6 moving tips to feel at home in the new city
Moving tips #1: Embrace your individuality
Don’t avoid fun just because you are in a new city and alone. The best way to get started is to pick an activity you love and spend some time doing it.
Go out and embrace your individuality. Also, don't be afraid to try new things just because you're alone.
Alone can be a superpower if you let it. Doing things alone is empowering. It also makes you so much more confident.
We’ve put together city guides for most major cities in India. If you’re looking for fun things to do in your city, this might help.
Moving tips #2: Tourist mode on
The best way to explore a new place is by taking a walk around. Look for things and places you find intriguing.
Make the most of weekends. Get out more often and get to know your city.
You can go to tourist spots or just roam around. If you’ve made friends at your new workplace or neighborhood, ask them if they’d like to join you.
Moving tips #3: Walk more often
Rather than using the local transport or hiring a ride, you should walk the distance whenever possible.
Walking will let you know what the city is actually like.
Moving tips #4: Time to find your local go-to
One of the important things you need to do is find out where the nearby drugstores and supermarkets are.
To go looking for one when you actually need it would be a headache and you'd probably not even know where to start.
Hence it's in your best interest that you find stores that you'll need regularly.
Moving tips #5: Familiarize yourself with the local transportation
Finding and navigating the local transport in your new city may be a bit of a challenge at first. But as you muster up some courage it'll get easier.
You can even use that as an excuse to ask people for directions and make small talk with the locals, who knows, maybe you'll even make some friends.
Once you've figured out how the local transport works you may find yourself more comfortable.
Moving tips #6: Get lost. Literally
Don't plan your every move in your new city. Sometimes it’s fun to lose your way. It’ll be a new experience for you. You might even discover a shorter way home or to your workplace.
In case you can’t find your way back home, you always do have your phone. Or you can just ask the locals for directions
Moving to a new city soon?
Move 100% tesnion-free with Glovve's complete house shifting services.
- Begin your house shift with finding a new house on rent or for sale in your new locality, or city. Put an entire team of trusted realtors to find it for you, quickly and efficiently.
- Plan to rent furniture, appliances, or vehicles in your new city. Discover why renting is smarter than buying.
- Get trusted Packers & Movers to move you to 260 destinations in India. Glovve helps you with packing and moving services for local city house shifting, intercity home shifting, and international home moving. Get instant quotes free of charge, read reviews of movers and packers, and make informed home shifting decisions that give you peace of mind.
- Benefit from Glovve’s car transportation service to shift your car, bike, or SUV safely. Experienced movers stand by.
- Think of storing household items that you do not use often, but are too precious to dispose of, in our state-of-the-art storage facilities. Improve your living space and reduce the clutter.
- Take advantage of our new home settling-in services to ease into your new house. Find maids, plumbers, electricians and more without hassles.
- And finally, if you wish to move your business, or office, explore Glovve’s Office Shifting services.
How to hire a professional moving company
Where do you wish to move your home?
2. Move your home from one Indian city to another Indian city?
6 steps to choose the best moving service
1. Fill in the details of your home move
2. Get instant estimates from verified packers and movers from your city
3. Compare mover prices. Check packers and movers' profiles, reviews, and ratings.
4. Choose the packers and movers who best fits your budget and expectations
5. Book and track your move online
6. Gain from Glovve guarantees against moving delays and damage to your items.
Save grief with trusted local moving service
1. Why would you move with unknown, unverified moving company?
2. Why would you risk damage, or loss to your precious household items?
3. Why should you put up with delays from a moving company?
4. Why would you choose half a moving service when you can get the complete moving services at Glovve?
Read our FAQs on moving to understand the benefits of moving with Glovve's Packers and Movers.
More tips to choose an expert moving company
Did you find quality moving services?
Haven't found the best moving company yet? Hire them at Glovve.com.
Did you find this guide useful for your move?
Would you like us to add anything to this?
Do share your thoughts with us here.