6 mistakes that you should avoid on a moving day
Jul 27 2017
Hire the best moving company before you shift
Looking for local moving companies?
Hunting for the top moving companies which could move you anywhere in India?
Searching for a international moving company?
Find the best moving company, only on Glovve.com.
Glovve offers you a complete suite of house shifting services. Choose trusted, verified service providers for Car Transportation, Home Search, Packers and Movers, Storage Solutions, Furniture Rentals, Home Settling-in Services, Office Moves and more.
The day you’ve waited for so anxiously is finally here. You’ve done everything right. Planned everything perfectly. Made a checklist it followed it to the tee. But is there anything that could still go wrong? The sad truth is, yes.
While we’re sure you have the pre-move bit sorted, you still need to sail through the move and post-move bit. To make sure you have a smooth ride, we’ve put together this list of things you SHOULDN’T do on the moving day.
1. Missing the sun rise and birdsongs
We understand that you must be tired from all the pre-move preparations, but that’s only half the battle won. You still need to get up and brace yourself for the final move. To do so smoothly, hitting the snooze button on your alarm isn’t going to help. Make sure you go to bed early the night before so you can be up and ready well in time to face the move with zest and zeal.
2. Calling for assistance, last minute
This is probably the worst thing you can do. This process requires time and research. To find an appropriate relocating company, you first need to shortlist the one you like. Visit their office and compare their quotes before you pick the best one for you. This should be done about 4 weeks prior to the moving date, so that the movers have time to come check the house and give you a quote. Doing this last-moment won’t get you anywhere and we sincerely hope you haven’t landed yourself in trouble by committing this grave mistake.
3. Forgetting your essentials box
On the day of moving or on the day before, pack an essentials box for each member of the family. This should ideally contain whatever you'll need on the first day in your new house. It can be a toy your infant can't sleep without, your change of clothes, bed sheets etc. Whatever you think you or your family will need on the first night of the move should be in the box. Be extra careful to keep this box safely with your personal belongings. Do not send it away with the movers and all your other stuff.
4. Not packing supper
After the tiring move, nobody in the family would be in a mood to cook. Also, since you are moving to a new place you never know if you’ll be able to find a decent restaurant to order food from. While you can always use apps like Zomato and Swiggy to search for places, it’s best to have some food handy. After all, you wouldn’t want to be left without food all night in the new place, would you?
5. Failing to pack wisely
Packing wisely is one the biggest favors you can do to yourself. This will help you immensely when you've moved and start unpacking. Color code the boxes according to the rooms or write the name of the room on the box. Don't forget to slap a ‘fragile’ or ‘this side up’ sticker whenever necessary.
6. Dressing up like the Kardashians
We’re sure you enjoy keeping up with the Kardashians. But the moving day is certainly not one of the days you should be dressing up like them. The best bet is to wear something you are comfortable in. Wear something that isn’t too loose, not too tight. A breathable and stretchable fabric with shoes that are comfortable but fully enclosed would be ideal. This should keep you comfy and also safe from injuries.
Hire A to Z house shifting services from Glovve
Glovve takes care of everything you need when moving home. These cover all the stages of moving house and delivers you peace of mind.
- Begin your house shift with finding a new house on rent or for sale in your new locality, or city. Put an entire team of trusted realtors to find it for you, quickly and efficiently.
- Plan to rent furniture, appliances, or vehicles in your new city. Discover why renting is smarter than buying.
- Get trusted Packers & Movers to move you to 260 destinations in India. Glovve helps you with packing and moving services for local city house shifting, intercity home shifting, and international home moving. Get instant quotes free of charge, read reviews of movers and packers, and make informed home shifting decisions that give you peace of mind.
- Benefit from Glovve’s car transportation service to shift your car, bike, or SUV safely. Experienced movers stand by.
- Think of storing household items that you do not use often, but are too precious to dispose of, in our state-of-the-art storage facilities. Improve your living space and reduce the clutter.
- Take advantage of our new home settling-in services to ease into your new house. Find maids, plumbers, electricians and more without hassles.
- And finally, if you wish to move your business, or office, explore Glovve’s Office Shifting services.
How to hire a professional moving company
Where do you wish to move your home?
2. Move your home from one Indian city to another Indian city.
6 steps to choose the best moving service
1. Fill in the details of your home move
2. Get instant estimates from verified packers and movers from your city
3. Compare mover prices. Check packers and movers' profiles, reviews, and ratings.
4. Choose the packers and movers who best fits your budget and expectations
5. Book and track your move online
6. Gain from Glovve guarantees against moving delays and damage to your items.
Save grief with trusted local moving service
1. Why would you move with unknown, unverified moving company?
2. Why would you risk damage, or loss to your precious household items?
3. Why should you put up with delays from a moving company?
4. Why would you choose half a moving service when you can get the complete moving services at Glovve?
Read our FAQs on moving to understand the benefits of moving with Glovve's Packers and Movers.
More tips to choose an expert moving company
1. 5 Indian cities you should consider moving to
2. 6 simple tips for feeling at home in your new city
3. Tips to hire trusted packer and movers
4. 10 things to check before renting a house
We hope these tips help you tackle the moving-day stress with ease. If done right and dealt with smartly, moving can be a memorable experience for the whole family; which is what our aim at GLOVVE is.
We help you discover #SmartHomeMoving experiences. To get a FREE quote for your home move, get in touch with us.
Know someone who is moving home soon? Like and share this article with them on Social Media.
For regular updates, follow Glovve on Facebook and @GlovveSHM and #SmartHomeMoving on Twitter.
Thanks for your input.
Your Comment is registered for approval.
No comments available.