7 things you should know before moving from Agra to Mumbai
Jul 05 2018
Hire the best moving company before you shift from Agra
Looking for local packers and movers at Agra?
Hunting for the top packers and movers in Agra to shift you to Mumbai? Or, are you searching for international packers and movers at Agra for your move abroad?
Glovve offers you a complete package of house shifting services. Choose trusted, verified service providers for Car Transportation, Home Search, Packers and Movers, Storage Solutions, Furniture Rentals, Home Settling-in Services, Office Moves and more.
Find the best packers and movers in Agra, only on Glovve.com.
Moving from Agra to Mumbai for a new job? Taking your family along?
Mumbai and Agra don’t have much in common. But adjusting to life in Mumbai after moving from Agra won’t be too difficult.
While Agra is a major tourist destination in Uttar Pradesh, Mumbai is known as India’s financial capital.
Every year, 1000s of people move to Mumbai for better job opportunities and an improved lifestyle.
If you’re moving from Mumbai to Agra, it is best to know about the city before you relocate.
Here’s a city guide for Mumbai to help you find everything you need in the city when you shift house.
To ensure a happy stay in Mumbai, here are 7 things you should know.
1. Mumbai roads are almost always jam-packed
You’ve probably heard your friends whine about Mumbai. There’s a traffic jam somewhere, all the time.
The traffic jams in Mumbai are a headache. Especially if you’re travelling during peak hours. Infrastructure projects on highways such as new metros have made the normal bad traffic, insufferable.
If your workplace isn’t right next to your house, it is best to leave a few hours in advance.
2. Mumbai’s local trains and metro rails are great saviours
Local trains make commuting within the city so much simpler. The only problem is that it’s overcrowded during the peak hours.
If you can get used to the crowd, the local trains are the best and quickest mode of transport in Mumbai.
3. Rickshaws thankfully, run by the meter in Mumbai
Unlike Agra and most other cities, rickshaws in Mumbai actually run by the meter.
All rickshaws in the city have electronic meters which are very difficult to tamper with.The chances of rickshaw drivers cheating you on the fare are very rare.
If you’re travelling short distance, autorickshaws are the best.
4. You can never be completely prepared for the Mumbai monsoon
Monsoon in Mumbai is absolutely unpredictable.
If you’re expecting it to rain today, and the forecasts say so, it probably won’t.
If the day looks bright and sunny when you step out for work in the morning, you’ll probably come home drenched because it poured unexpectedly.
During the rainy season in Mumbai, flooding is common. Traffic gets worse.
Local trains get cancelled or delayed. And the city that never sleeps often comes to a stand-still.
But this is also the time you realize how helpful the people of this city are. The true character of Mumbai residents shines through during emergencies.
5. When in Mumbai, visiting Khaugali is a must
Living in Mumbai, your life is incomplete without the staple Vada-Pav and Pav-Bhaji.
Mumbai is known for the lip-smacking delicacies you get on the streets. When in Mumbai, trying the street-food is a must.
6. For shifting your house from Agra to Mumbai, rely on Glovve’s complete home moving services.
These cover all the stages of moving house and delivers you peace of mind.
- Begin your house shift with finding a new house on rent or for sale in your new locality, or city. Put an entire team of trusted realtors to find it for you, quickly and efficiently.
- Plan to rent furniture, appliances, or vehicles in your new city. Discover why renting is smarter than buying.
- Get trusted Packers & Movers to move you to 260 destinations in India. Glovve helps you with packing and moving services for local city house shifting, intercity home shifting, and international home moving. Get instant quotes free of charge, read reviews of movers and packers, and make informed home shifting decisions that give you peace of mind.
- Benefit from Glovve’s car transportation service to shift your car, bike, or SUV safely. Experienced movers stand by.
- Think of storing household items that you do not use often, but are too precious to dispose of, in our state-of-the-art storage facilities. Improve your living space and reduce the clutter.
- Take advantage of our new home settling-in services to ease into your new house. Find maids, plumbers, electricians and more without hassles.
- And finally, if you wish to move your business, or office, explore Glovve’s Office Shifting services.
7. Save grief when moving house from Agra to Mumbai
- Why would you move with unknown, unverified packers and movers?
- Why would you risk damage, or loss to your precious household goods?
- Why would you choose half a moving service when you can get the complete moving services at Glovve?
Follow these tips to choose the best house moving services.
- Settling-in tips after moving to a new city
- 5 reasons to hire packers and movers from Glovve
- Hire the best packers and movers for furniture shifting in India
- Tips for turning your new house into a home
- What is the cost of moving home?
Know friends who are looking for home moving services?
Share this article with friends on Facebook. Or pin it for later on Pinterest.
Get expert advice for all your home moving queries.
Get in touch with our move consultants here. Or simply tweet to us at @GlovveSHM using the hashtag #SmartHomeMoving. Our shifting experts will help you solve your problem.
Did you find this article useful? Have something you’d like to add to this? Do share your thoughts with us in the comments below.
Thanks for your input.
Your Comment is registered for approval.
No comments available.