Tips for Turning your New House into a Home
Mar 08 2018
Check out the best moving tips before you shift
Glovve offers you a complete suite of house shifting services. Choose trusted, verified service providers for Car Transportation, Home Search, Packers and Movers, Storage Solutions, Furniture Rentals, Home Settling-in Services, Office Moves and more.
To help you settle in at your new house, we’ve made a checklist of things you must do after the move.
Here are the 6 moving tips you must execute right after you move
Moving Tips #1: Clean the new house
The house must’ve been vacant for a while. Even if you’ve managed to get it cleaned a few days before you moved, you should still sweep and mop the floor. Don’t go overboard. Just a quick brush should be fine.
Moving Tips #2: Unpack the boxes
The movers will unpack and rearrange your furniture and heavy boxes. But you still need to look after your personal bags and boxes. Which is why it is important that you pack a separate bag which has everything you need for the night. Before you call it a day, unpack this box so you won’t have to spend the night being uncomfortable. Or wake up in the morning and running all over the new house looking for what you need.
Moving Tips #3: Set up utilities
If possible, set up electricity, water, gas, internet and telephone connections before you move. But if that isn’t possible, make it the first thing on your to-do list now.
This is one of the most important things you’ll need after moving. The sooner you get your electricity, water, gas and internet connections, the better it will be for you.
Moving Tips #4: Arrange your clothes
Not having your clothes arranged in the wardrobe will only make getting ready every day difficult. It’s best to not delay it. In fact, this should be one of the first things on your to-do list.
In between all the chaos and other important things that need to be taken care of, this might not seem so important. But trust me, once you have this sorted, everything else will get so much simpler.
Moving Tips #5: Change your postal address
Have you informed all your friends and relatives that you’re moving? It’s okay if you haven’t had the time. It’s also perfectly okay if, in all the chaos, you forgot to inform some friends or relatives. Now would be a great time to let them know.
Calling up everyone may not be too convenient. You could send an email. Or even better, share your new address in the family Whatsapp group. This way, no one will be left out.
Next, you’ll need to change your address and other details in your documents like Passport, Bank Account, PAN Card and Aadhaar Card. All of this can easily be done online. If you still need help, hire a local agent.
Moving Tips #6: Get to know your city
Now that you’ve moved and settled in at your new home comfortably, it’s time to explore your new city. The best way to make your new city feel like home is getting to know the city well. To help you with this, we’ve put together useful city guides about major cities in India. It has all the information you need to live comfortably.
Where will you go shopping? Where will your kids go to school? What is the weather in the new city like? How will you travel around the city? The city guide has answers to all your questions.
We keep updating the list regularly. So, if your city isn’t already there, just write to us and we’ll add it.
Are you looking to hire packers and movers for house shifting in India? Hire a trusted and verified moving company from Glovve.
How to hire professional packers and movers
Where do you wish to move your home?
1. Shift Your Home Locally Within the city?
2. Move your home from one city to another Indian city?
3. Relocate internationally to or from the city?
6 steps to choose the best packers and movers
1. Fill in the details of your home move
2. Get instant estimates from verified packers and movers from your city
3. Compare mover prices. Check packers and movers' profiles, reviews, and ratings.
4. Choose the packers and movers who best fits your budget and expectations
5. Book and track your move online
6. Gain from Glovve guarantees against moving delays and damage to your items.
Save grief with trusted local packers and movers
1. Why would you move with unknown, unverified packers and movers?
2. Why would you risk damage, or loss to your precious household items when you shift?
3. Why should you put up with delays from packers and movers?
4. Why would you choose half a moving service when you can get the complete moving services at Glovve?
Read our FAQs on moving to understand the benefits of moving with Glovve's Packers and Movers.
Not just Packers and Movers, Glovve offers a complete suite of house shifting services
These cover all the stages of moving house and delivers you peace of mind.
- Begin your house shift with finding a new house on rent or for sale in your new locality, or city. Put an entire team of trusted realtors to find it for you, quickly and efficiently.
- Plan to rent furniture, appliances, or vehicles in your new city. Discover why renting is smarter than buying.
- Get trusted Packers & Movers to move you to 260 destinations in India. Glovve helps you with packing and moving services for local city house shifting, intercity home shifting, and international home moving. Get instant quotes free of charge, read reviews of movers and packers, and make informed home shifting decisions that give you peace of mind.
- Benefit from Glovve’s car transportation service to shift your car, bike, or SUV safely. Experienced movers stand by.
- Think of storing household items that you do not use often, but are too precious to dispose of, in our state-of-the-art storage facilities. Improve your living space and reduce the clutter.
- Take advantage of our new home settling-in services to ease into your new house. Find maids, plumbers, electricians and more without hassles.
- And finally, if you wish to move your business, or office, explore Glovve’s Office Shifting services.
More Moving Tips
Did you find quality packers movers?
Haven't found the best packers and movers yet? Hire them at Glovve.com.
Did you find this guide useful for your move?
Would you like us to add anything to this?
Do share your thoughts with us here.
Your movers are not only Glovve verified, but also come with the Glovve Guarantee
1. Get competitive quotes and payment protection security.
2. Choose from multiple, verified mover profiles and prices.
3. Get 100% damage protection and loss cover with insurance.
4. Experience peace-of-mind moving. Track your move online. Get help from a personal move consultant always available to help you with your move queries.
Moving home soon? Get FREE moving quotes instantly on Glovve.
Found this article useful? Share this article with friends on social media.
Have any home-moving queries? Tweet to experts at Glovve on @GlovveSHM using the hashtag #SmartHomeMoving and we’ll answer all your queries.
Have something to add to this article? Let us know in the comments below.