5 most difficult items to move
Apr 26 2019
Generally speaking, no item is easy to move in a house relocation. However, there are certain items that are trickier to move than the others. Even the best packers and movers in India would agree with that. So here are the 5 toughest items to move in a relocation.
Find out the 5 most difficult items to move even for professional packers and movers
- Antiques: Antiques have tremendous monetary value. Any damage to them would result in a substantial financial loss. And that is exactly what makes moving antiques difficult. Besides, antiques may often come in unusual shapes and sizes which compounds the issues involved in packing them.
- Heirloom & Items of sentimental value: Heirlooms, irrespective of whether they have financial value or not, have a huge sentimental value. These items hold a special place in our hearts and any damage to them could cause emotional trauma. Some families also believe that damaged heirlooms bring a bad omen to the family. Make sure you inform your packers and movers clearly about your heirlooms so that they deal with them with extra caution.
- Electronics: Most electronics are fragile by nature. Your television, laptop, and other electronics with screens could easily break if not packed properly. The refrigerator needs to be thoroughly wrapped with tape as the door may open otherwise.
- Glassware: Glassware is delicate. It doesn’t take much to break it. Each and every process pertaining to moving glass items - packing, loading, unloading, and unpacking - needs to be executed with perfection. Wine glasses and champagne flutes, in particular, need to be reinforced with an extra layer of protective material (such as bubble wrap).
- Religious items: Religious items such as statues are usually made of clay which makes them susceptible to breakage. And just like it is with heirlooms, damage to religious items is also considered to bring bad luck to the family. These items thus need to be packed and transported with utmost care.
The packing and moving service provider would understand the complexities of moving these 5 items and take special care while moving them, but it would do you no harm to serve a gentle reminder about the same.